After writing about our swim with dolphins on our honeymoon, it got me thinking about what other things are on my bucket list - the things I've managed to do and put a strike through and those that I still hope to do sometime in my lifetime. So, in no particular order, here is my to do before I shuffle off this mortal coil list!
Sky Dive(I did this to raise money for a charity I worked for several year ago - it was the most amazing natural high ever!) Swim with dolphins- so glad we did this in Mexico, it was the highlight of the trip.
- Sleep in the desert with a billion stars all around (a la Eagles "Peaceful Easy Feeling")!
- Visit Graceland.
See the Northern Lights- We did this on a Norwegian cruise in the Arctic Circle and it was brilliant but...
- Stay in a log cabin in Alaska and see the Northern Lights again!
- Visit James Dean's final resting place in Indiana.
- Drive Route 66 with all the time in the world to stop off en route.
- Tour South America.
- Tour Australia.
- Emigrate before we're too old (and Britain totally sucks us dry) preferably to Canada or America.
- Make a living as an artist (stage 1 being blogging about it incessantly!)
- Complete a marathon (who am I kidding, I barely walk farther than from the sofa to the fridge these days!)
- Meet Robert De Niro - my favourite actor still alive.
- Go on a ski holiday.
- Visit Berlin.
- Visit New England in the autumn.
- Stand on a corner in Winslow, Arizona!
Seems there is a bit of a travelling theme to my bucket list so I really need to start buying lottery tickets that actually work!!
Don't forget to check out the other lists on Aimee's Artsyville site.