Well, the holidays are over and we're all back to work, some of us (me) a little softer round the edges than before Christmas! I've been thinking, like many people, about what resolutions I can make (and no doubt break before the end of February). I thought I would incorporate it into List It Tuesday which is back up and running now over at Artsyville as well.
Today's illustration isn't really anything to do with the list as such, other than it is one of the sketches mentioned in number 1 and I needed something to illustrate the post with!! It is a montage of the various buildings and landmarks that New York is famous for and I've called it 'I heart New York' because I actually really do and think in my next life I would like to be a native New Yorker!!
Anyway, back to the list...this year I will be mostly....
- Finishing the Arthouse Cooperative Sketchbook Project (only 11 more to do before 15 January!)
- Being vegetarian. I've been feeling hypocritical recently being such an animal lover yet still eating meat and read somewhere that if you couldn't kill it yourself, you shouldn't eat it. So, this year sees me no longer eating anything that once walked, skipped, hopped, or swam (or otherwise lived and breathed!)
- Getting more exercise - I've gone from being a gym bunny (sort of) to a couch potato and this year I aim to find the middle ground!
- Learning Spanish again. I used to be quite good at it many years ago and I'd really like to be able to converse fluently in a language that isn't English at some point in my life.
- Working really hard to live the life I want to instead of the life I have to - i.e do the horrible self-publicity required if I am to ever get my artwork on display in a gallery or printed on cards and stocked in local shops (for example). If you can dream it, you can achieve it (I read somewhere once).
- Being thankful for the good things - I am quite often a glass half empty person and sometimes when I get down about the drudgery of the day to day work life I forget all the things that are great about being me (My husband, our dogs, that I've got legs that work and can get me up to the top of mountains, to name a few!) So I plan to check myself when I get too 'woe is me!!'
That's all I can think of right now! Also I've just realised that Tuesday is almost over - I keep thinking today is Monday because we only started back to work today, oops!! Don't forget to pop over to Artsyville to check out the other lists on there.