I've been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award! Thanks to John over at Gatepost Pictures who I 'met' recently via Sandra over at Sandraws and whose blogs I enjoy very much for the fact that not only is he a incredibly talented pen and ink artist who draws architecture amazingly well, he is also a very interesting man and every time I visit his blog I learn something new.
Apparently, and I've pinched this information from Linda who passed the award onto John, Liebster translates to sweetheart, darling, dearest one. The award originated in Germany in 2009-2010 and originally, it was for blogs with less than 3000 followers and somehow got adjusted to those blogs with under 200 followers (of which I am one - so whilst, I am glad I qualified for the award, if anyone would like to help me get over 200 that would be lovely too!)
John, on receiving the award had to pass it on to 5 other bloggers and I was really touched by his reason for choosing me, so much so I am copying and pasting it right here:-
'Nicola because her work is always as uniquely interesting as her narrative, and her care for the underdog' - how lovely is that!!
Now, the rules of the Liebster award stipulate that I must choose 5 more bloggers, also with less than 200 followers and so I would like to nominate:-
1. Scarlet from Arroz con Mango - She is a gorgeous lady who draws the most amazing portraits and who lives a very interesting life in the Sunshine State. It was thanks to her that I first discovered Paint Party Friday!
2. Sandra from Sandraws - She and I have a lot in common - we're both secretaries by day and artists by night! She, however, is an amazing photo-realist artist and she just qualifies as she actually has 200 followers, but shush! She's just been short-listed in a cover competition for Ken Bromley Art Supplies and so, if you would be so kind, could you please click here and vote for her incredible teddy bear painting 'Sherlock' to win! Thanks!
3. Carla Rey from Wednesday wandered - even though I couldn't see how many followers she has on her blog so she may have 1000's I wanted to nominate her as she just makes me laugh with her funny tales of life in her world and I read all her posts in a southern drawl (in my mind, not out loud!)
4. Carol King who is always Painting, Drawing, Complaining! She just makes me laugh with her New York wit and she does cool paintings too!
5. Daniele at Creating Learning Flying - she is a free spirited artist who makes amazing art on toilet seats among other things and shares my love of body art!
Now, I believe I'm supposed to tell you 5 things you don't already know about me but I think I told you 7 such things when I got the versatile blogger award a while back and I can't think of anything else interesting about me, sorry. So, can I cheat and ask you to click on the link above to re-read what I told you before?!