Here is some interesting/useless (delete as appropriate) information about it and other news in my life this week:-
- I spent 20 something hours on it in total although that was spaced out over about 3 months.
- It’s the longest I've spent on a piece so far.
- The canvas started life as a print of a flower that S rescued from being dumped by someone else and I 'up-cycled' it by painting over it!
- It’s my favourite piece so far. Ever. So much so that it breaks my heart a little to sell it as I'd really quite like to hang it in our kitchen. Still, there's no point making art just to keep it for myself instead of sharing it with the world (whether the world wants it or not!)So, it's for sale in my 'stuff for sale' section in the sidebar should anyone take a shine to it. **Update - it sold! Remember my sister bought the pig painting here? Well, she contacted me as soon as she saw this last night and bought it as well! She'll have the whole farm on her wall soon!**
- I’m also going to upload it to Fine Art America though so should anyone fancy a print of it then they can nip over there for one or alternatively now that S bought a super duper new printer that I don’t have to fight with to print on watercolour/thick card I can also print off both A4 and A3 size prints of it should any UK-based folk fancy a print of a wee Irish cow up on their walls!
- The colours in the first photo are much stronger than in the actual canvas - the blue isn't really quite so blue - its more like the other photos but went like that when S ran it through perfectly clear on Photoshop (S took the first one on his camera and I took the rest hence they're not as clear as his!)
- I submitted my first ever tax return as a self-employed artist (I won't be giving up the day job any time soon!)
- I still can't show you the commissioned piece I did for People Per Hour but I'll give you a clue - check back around the big spooky celebration at the end of October!
|Cowmodity taken on my camera - the colours are more muted than the first pic which was taken by S on his camera|
That’s all for this week (pretty short for me, huh?) See you over at Paint Party Friday, hosted as always by the lovely Kristin and Eva.