|Ming - in acrylic on canvas 5x5 inches|
Ming is a beautiful black cat who owns my friend, Marji. When I painted Tulli back in November, Marji kindly commissioned me to paint Ming as well and she was very patient in waiting for me to get my Christmas commissions completed before I got started on Ming's portrait. I finished it a couple of weeks ago and Marji emailed me yesterday to let me know that both portraits had arrived safely in Seattle and I'm delighted that she is really pleased with them, saying that the photos online don't do them justice - I'm so happy to get such lovely feedback and look forward to the photo Marji promised to send me when they are settled on the wall in her home in Portland, Oregon.
Good things that happened in the last week:
- I had a meeting with the other committee members of my local art society about the upcoming exhibition we're holding. It's going to be called 'Committed to Art' and will be on in a local gallery, Caithness Horizons, from 4 - 28 March. Slightly scary thing is that it's a month earlier than I had in my head so I've got to finish 5 paintings in 3 weeks (next week won't count as I'm off to Ireland for my mum's 80th birthday!)
- I sold a painting in the Caithness Horizons' Christmas Exhibition
- I sold a painting to a lovely lady who saw it on my Facebook page.
- I sold two paintings via an online gallery I'd forgotten I'd submitted art to months ago!
- I received another commission to paint a tiger in the same style as my Rhino!
|Ming and Tulli|
Things to do this week:
- Get painting for this exhibition! Because of the amount of paint I use to build up texture in my impasto paintings, they take a bit of time to complete especially at the moment as they seem to take even longer to dry in the winter (I've been known to give them a quick blow dry with the hair dryer to speed the process up a bit) So I better get cracking! I don't think I'll get 5 new ones finished so I may need to revisit some of my older paintings and give them a little vibrant do-over!
I won't be blogging next week as I'll be back home visiting my parents along with my sister, who is travelling over from London, but I'll hopefully get some time this Friday between painting and packing to pop over to Paint Party Friday to see what everyone has been up to.